GAME ON – OLG needs you
We said GAME ON, and we mean it – OLG is rapidly transforming its organization to better serve Ontarians by delivering exceptional gaming experiences through our digital, retail lottery and land-based casino channels. In our 2019-2020 fiscal year alone, OLG achieved net income of over $2.3 billion in the province of Ontario. OLG is now expanding its horizons even further, with a new strategic direction, to become a global leader in gaming entertainment with a globally admired digital platform.
We are ready to take this game to the next level and need an enthusiast Senior Solution Architect With an Agile mindset, the Sr Solution Architecture Manager (SAM) is responsible for the detailed technology design and product/solution architecture that aligns with the overall technology roadmap, ensuring that solutions delivered achieve the desired business results. The role works closely with various internal business and IT stakeholders as well as third-party vendors, to understand strategies, roadmaps, requirements and systems dependencies between internal and external stakeholders, ensuring delivery of optimal, cost-effective, flexible and scalable designs that meet business needs and take into account the latest technologies and industry trends.
YOUR ROLE IN THE GAME
Reporting to the Director, Solutions Architecture, you will be empowered to:
- Provide support and guidance to Architecture Leads in overall solution analysis and design (including artifact review) within designated portfolio of projects and initiatives
- Develop product and solution roadmaps for assigned portfolio by working closely with Business Innovation teams, Enterprise Architecture team, and other technology and business groups as required
- Work closely with the business innovation team to support technical requirements gathering and system requirements design to ensure alignment with business needs and technology architecture
- With an agile mindset, support the identification of opportunities for continuous improvement of solution architecture delivery methodologies
- Work closely with Enterprise Architecture and support the execution of the enterprise technology strategy and roadmap, ensuring solution architectures for future products/solutions are aligned with objectives organizational, business objectives, standards and contractual requirements
- Conduct research on emerging technologies and recommend and guide POC (proof of concept) for technologies that will accelerate development, provide competitive advantage, increase agility and improve system resiliency
- Determine the skills required to support the delivery of solutions for new products and solutions
- Provide regular solution updates and presentations for new products/solutions to key technology stakeholders (e.g. Executive Team, Core IT, Technology Leadership Council, etc.)
- Work closely with Sourcing, Project Managers and Technology Delivery Managers to ensure proper sourcing of required 3rd party solutions, including participation in any related RFx process as required
WHAT YOU NEED TO PLAY
Professional experience: Minimum of seven (7) years of experience leading the design, construction and implementation of complex application and technology solutions involving multiple technology domains | Minimum of four (4) years of experience in solution architecture | Proficiency in six (6) of the above core skill areas listed above | At least five (5) years of experience providing subject matter expertise to business and IT stakeholders
Education: Post-secondary degree, preferably in computer science/information technology/engineering, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience
Critical Skills: Core knowledge around: Solution Architecture (SA) – architecture styles, architecture patterns, design patterns | Development lifecycle methodologies (ie agile, waterfall, etc.) | Product and supplier evaluation | Technology Trends – Microservices, Containerization, Cloud (SaaS/PaaS/IaaS), , etc | Enterprise technology architecture (infrastructure, network, platform, etc.) | Designing new products/solutions in the gaming/lottery field | Guide improvements in the architecture delivery process | Analytical Thinking | Relationship Management | Problem solving | impact and influence | Continuous Learning | Agile mindset | Team Orientation
Negotiation and influence: ability to negotiate and influence effectively while being open to perspectives and maintaining strong relationships
Strategic Thinker: strong strategic and critical thinker with the ability to immerse themselves in unique challenges and find creative solutions
Cooperation and fun: inclusive and collaborative working style while creating fun and excitement in our work
Integrity and trust: do what is right and operate with transparency and openness
BENEFITS OF JOINING OUR TEAM
- Part of a larger image: socially responsible company that returns all profits to the province and the people of Ontario
- Flexible Working environment: to help balance work and life
- You Question: family-friendly work practices and remote work
- Freedom innovate: supports new and better ways to succeed
- Be your Authentic Self: environment that values diversity as a source of strength
- Learning galore: 24/7 access to robust online learning programs
- Public Service Pension Plan: participate in a large defined benefit pension plan sponsored by the Ontario government
- Variable compensation program: performance-based incentives to share our success (permanent OLG employees only)
Learn about OLG – GAME ON!
OLG’s goal is to contribute to a better Ontario by providing great entertainment experiences for our customers. We are a several billion dollars organization with a wide range of business lines including lottery, land-based casinos, digital lottery and casino, horse racing and charitable gaming. OLG is in the midst of a massive transformation to become customer obsessed and take our digital business to a whole new level.
The key to our success is our people. Our culture will be built on real, positive partnerships that embrace trust, clarity and openness in everything we do. We support and empower employees and teams across the organization through greater accountability, leadership development and growth opportunities. OLG is embracing more flexible work options and family-friendly work practices, including remote work.
Equity, Diversity and Inclusion are essential elements of our culture, the cornerstone of our values of respect, integrity, stewardship and excellence. At OLG, our employees have the space to be themselves and use their insights and skills for the benefit of the people and the province of Ontario.
As we reshape and grow our business, we are unwavering when it comes to living our purpose and ensuring our business delivers meaningful results. benefits for the people of Ontario. OLG’s net profits are reinvested in the province, contributing to the quality of life of Ontarians.
To learn more about OLG, visit our website at www.olg.ca
We look forward to hearing from you, interested candidates should apply online by August 18, 2022.
OLG is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing employment accommodation in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. Please contact Human Resources at [email protected] if you require accommodation at any time during the hiring process.
Thank you for your interest in this opportunity; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.